H is a bookworm – she has an entire Billy bookcase from Ikea full of books (and some toys, to be fair), but I’ll never tire of buying books, and I’m always on the lookout for quirky titles and different ones. I used to be a Barefoot Books Ambassador a couple of years ago, but had to give it up – so if you know the kind of books they do, you get the idea of what we like.
Somehow, I stumbled across Books For Bugs (I can’t remember how!) – they’re based fairly locally to us and do some fairs, and their website and shop is based on selling affordable books to parents. I bought some in their recent sale which arrived today for presents, and they fit perfectly into the kind of books we love. Add to this there’s loads of phonics books (and yes, I do still have concerns about H and her starting school this September, despite her doing really well at her private nursery preschool) and you can buy them at a good price (all their board books and story books are just £2.99 each, no matter how high the RRP), PLUS there’s reviews or short summaries of the books on each page to help you choose.
Their shipping price is really reasonable, and the books arrive well packed and quick – all in all I’m really happy with the service we received and highly recommend them to you – keep up to date with them on Facebook for any sales or deals that might be happening too – they’re running competitions when they hit a certain number of followers!
- You Can Shop Local With MyHigh.St
- Light Switch Timer by Switched On Products
- Back Ache
- PNP – Portable North Pole Video Message
- Portable North Pole – the Santa Sprint App
- Christmas Gift Ideas – The Because I Like Shopping at Uniqlo Edition
- Christmas Gift Ideas – You Don’t Need To Spend a Lot
- Christmas Gift Ideas – Dick Bruna’s Christmas Book
- Movie Night – Scooby Doo Adventures – The Mystery Map
- Sounds Like Fun – Jolly Phonics with Cartoonito