We hadn’t thought ahead as far as our evening meal goes – I’ve been coughing all afternoon and the last liquorice teabag had been used – we were all just lying low, a lazy day, resting. So it was with joy I spotted this recipe over at Thinly Spread and adapted it with what we’ve got in the cupboard – and it was so easy to do.
a tin of chick peas
small bits of broccoli
half an onion
a sweet potato chopped
six small baby potatoes, peeled and chopped
frozen sweetcorn (50g)
frozen peas (60g)
baby pasta (60g)
three heaped teaspoons of low salt bouillon
passata and some italian herbs and spice for the end
Stick them all in the Soup Maker pan, top up to the maximum level with water, set to the chunky setting and 28 minutes later is your almost-minestrone. I added some passata to cool it down (which was a good thing as H decided to stick her arm in Shaun’s bowl, so it wasn’t as hot as it could have been and she’s fine – phew) and make it more tomato-y which worked quite well, though overall there wasn’t much taste to it, though the veg was good – so if you wanted more, maybe add garlic or some chili.
It was nice and filling, anyway – and the first time we’ve tried soup with pasta all cooked in the pan. H ate all hers too which to me is a very good sign! I’ve not worked out WeightWatchers points yet, but I reckon no more than 2 or 3.
- You Can Shop Local With MyHigh.St
- Light Switch Timer by Switched On Products
- Back Ache
- PNP – Portable North Pole Video Message
- Portable North Pole – the Santa Sprint App
- Christmas Gift Ideas – The Because I Like Shopping at Uniqlo Edition
- Christmas Gift Ideas – You Don’t Need To Spend a Lot
- Christmas Gift Ideas – Dick Bruna’s Christmas Book
- Movie Night – Scooby Doo Adventures – The Mystery Map
- Sounds Like Fun – Jolly Phonics with Cartoonito