We were sent a copy of ‘Lulu and the Treasure Hunt’ from the Wagtail Town series by Emma Chichester Clark to review, and it has gone down really well with H.
Her first impression was what won her over – the first page is a map of Wagtail Town and given H loves those parts of her Topsy and Tim books, we were given detailed information (by H) of what was in every building – like ‘Mount Fuji Sausage House’ (we’ve no idea either!).
I’m definitely more of a dog person than cats, and enjoyed reading the story – Lulu is taking part in the New Tricks School treasure hunt, and has promised to look after little Bonnie who can’t run very fast. What will Lulu choose to do when she’s faced with staying with Bonnie or finding a clue?
There’s a good lesson to be learnt here – and I’ve found this book to be perfect for H’s age (3.5 years). We’ve been collecting more of the author’s ‘Blue Kangaroo’ series and yet again there’s lovely illustrations.
Wagtail Town – Lulu and the Treasure Hunt by Emma Chichester Clark is published by HarperCollins Children’s Books in paperback, priced at £6.99. It is also available in eBook formats.
We were sent a copy of this book to review, all opinions are our own.
- Carshalton Frost Fair
- Christmas Gift Ideas – Cartoons Aren’t Just For Kids…
- London Science Museum
- You Can Shop Local With MyHigh.St
- Light Switch Timer by Switched On Products
- Back Ache
- PNP – Portable North Pole Video Message
- Portable North Pole – the Santa Sprint App
- Christmas Gift Ideas – The Because I Like Shopping at Uniqlo Edition
- Christmas Gift Ideas – You Don’t Need To Spend a Lot